Masala Sindhi Papad is a delicious, crispy, spicy, most popular Indian starter in Indian restaurants. Quickest, easiest & healthy Masala Sindhi Papad recipe
Tickle your taste buds with contemporary global cuisines
Discover the joy of quick, easy & healthy cooking from my kitchen to yours!There is no specific recipe for making Masala papad . In this Urad dal papad is either deep fried or roasted and then topped with finely chopped and flavoured Onion, Tomato and Coriander. Chat masala, black pepper powder, salt, red chili powder and lime juice are used to flavor the salad. The Papad should be served immediately after assembling as it turns soggy.
I have made this Masala papad from home made Urad dal papad. You can use any plain or black pepper flavoured urad dal papads or Lijjat Papads easily available in Market. I have roasted the papads on open fire. You may either deep fry or roast the papads using Microwave.
- 2 Large Urad dal papads
- 1 large finely chopped Onion
- 1 large finely chopped Tomato
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped fresh Coriander leaves
- 2-3 tbsp nylon Sev (optional)
- 1 tsp - red Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp - Chat Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp - black Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl or plate and add Chopped Onions, Tomatoes with the spices and salt.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Taste this topping for salt and if required add salt ,lemon juice or spice powder as per your taste. Make this topping just before roasting the Papads.
3 Roast the Papad on medium flame and keep aside. If you want to fry the papad, select small to medium sized papad to fit your frying wok, or you can break the papad into 2 or 4 pieces and then deep fry them if the size is big.
5. Now sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and in the last the nylon Sev over the papad.